November 8, 2017

Manly Plaid Ornaments

Wow! Can you believe the Christmas countdown is on? I can't either! I'm in big trouble this year and waaaaaaay behind. But at least I have some new ornaments for my tree. This month over at Alpha Stamps, there is an Ornament Frame Set Kit with all sorts of wonderful goodies. 


Below you can see everything that comes in the kit, including this Ornament Frame Set that is round, but also has a layer with a scalloped edge. 


Below is my favorite ornament out of the three that I created. It's cozy and makes me think of my childhood. The center is actually a little shaker thanks to the included Clear Plastic Round Dome. It is full of Multi-color Star Sequins, also included in the kit. 



I used all three layers on my ornament, but you could actually make two or even three ornaments out of this one set. 



Creating a hanger was simple and to make it extra sturdy, I attached the third layer of the ornament to the back to really hold the pieces in place. 




If you enjoyed making the round ornament, there are two other ornaments available to create. Below is the Bauble Ornament. 





I can never get enough of these Red Holly Berry Stems. Below you can see how I gave them an extra "twist" of pizzazz.



I used seam binding in a different way to add a thick layer. I used this same method on the round ornament. A tad of glue, accordion fold the seam binding, and hold with a clothes pin while it dries. I can't do any projects without clothes pins, fyi.  




My third ornament was this precious star with plenty of room to add lots of embellishments. The Christmas tree lights will look great when they reflect off of these Flat Back Clear Iridescent Snowflakes.




You may have notice my "Manly Plaid" papers. They are from the 8x8 Tim Holtz Christmas Paper Stash. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them and really wanted to create ornaments that seemed more "husband friendly" as well as not so "over the top" which I usually like to do. 




I always like to have the back of my project looking nice as well, even if just some decorative papers. And with three cats and three dogs, who knows which way those ornaments will be hanging on our tree. 


Oddly, even though we JUST celebrated Halloween, which I am nuts about, I find that I have caught a tad of the Christmas Spirit while doing this project. How bout you? Did I pass some on along to you? 

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
Rhonda...


Supplies Used:



1 comment:

janski48 said...

I love this!!! Would you tell me what kind of glue you used to fix the pine cones and berries? Thanks so much!

Jan K.