February 8, 2017

Cinderella's Many Forms

There are so many wonderful items to choose from in this months Cinderella Kit at Alpha Stamps. Decisions, decisions. Do I go with the pitiful Cinderella being pushed around, or the magical beauty taking on her destiny? How about both! 


And luckily I was using this 6x6 Shadowbox as my base which gave me lots of room for plenty of details and embellishments. And I've always been a huge fan of pink and black.


I didn't want all of my chipboard silhouettes to be the usual "black" so I decided to do some with a bit of color. I used a couple of shades of pink from Tim Holtz Distress Paint Line and for my black silhouettes I used more Distress Paints in Black Soot and Tarnished Brass. It gave a bit of dimension and character to my shapes. 


I always like dimension and one favorite "tool" from my creative kit is to use adhesive foam to make images stand out, and also stand out further then others like the black silhouettes below.




Some pearly white paint and a pink nose and feet help my cute mice take center stage. 


Some of the chipboard Cinderellas also got a sprinkling of Flower Soft in Sweet Pea, but there are several colors to choose from. 



Vintage pocket watches are a great way to create a mini magical creative spot. I used an authentic one but Tim Holtz also has a wonderful faux version.


Faux pocket watch body, with glass front insert, for creating collaged pendants. The back pops out (with a bit of prying... you needn't worry that it will open unexpectedly). 2-1/2" tall.


How do you like my mini Cinderella book? I used the Brothers Grim Books Collage Sheet and a plain Miniatre Book to create this version.


You can also find other book themed collage sheets like Jules Verne Books, Mystic Book titles, Plain Books, and so many more in several sizes. Follow this book link to check them out. 



Charms galore! Do a search and see how many items you can find. A full supply list can be found at the bottom of this post. 





Oh no! It's midnight! You know what that means.......

xoxo
Rhonda...


Alpha Stamps Supply List - Direct Link
Cinderella Kit - February 2017
6x6 Shadowbox
Wild & Free 8x8 Collection Kit
Wild & Free Cosmic Love & Lights Scrapbook Paper
Wild & Free Into The Wild Scrapbook Paper
Midnight #1 Collage Sheet
Brothers Grimm Books Collage Sheet
Halloween Clock Faces Collage Sheet
Wild & Free Lets Be Wild Scrapbook Paper
Cinderella Silhouettes Set Small
Cinderella Silhouettes Set Large
Mouse & Pumpkin Borders Set
Thin Looped Dresden Borders - Pink
Thin Looped Dresden Borders - Black
Large Once Upon a Time Book Charm
Fairy Godmother Wands
Tiny Metal Mouse
Metal Shoes w Louis Heels
Silver Pumpkin Carriage Charm
Pumpkin Pods
Miniature Rustic Brooms*
Set of Miniature Books
1 Inch Pale Pink Paper Roses*
Small White Mulberry Blossoms*
Gardenias - Mixed Pink
Tiny Paper Roses - Lilac Cream Variegated*
Flower Soft - Sweet Pea
Metallic Distress Paints - Set of 3
Black Soot Distress Paint, Ink & Stain Set
Distress Paints - Spun Sugar
White Adhesive Foam on Roll


1 comment:

Shannon Cooper said...

Enchanting project, Rhonda! I love what you've done with the chipboard silhouettes and those mice are so fun.